Pages

Like Me

Things I Learned from the Baguio Jam

Last November 28, I had quite an experience speaking and sharing about Social Media Trends in front of almost 1,500 student delegates at the Baguio Trade Marketing Jam. Yup, more than a thousand attendees. I was sooo overwhelmed! As a newbie in this kind of engagement, I could say that that talk marked a beginning in my career. I felt like I was a teacher, sharing what I learned from the business, from my colleagues & superiors and just like what a teacher of mine in the past said: When you teach, you also learn. 


So here are a few things I learned from the Baguio Jam:


1) North Luzon is bursting with promising, talented students and it is a privilege for me to speak in front of them. 


2) If there is one thing I might have missed in college, it's not just being part of an organization like the Philippine Junior Marketing Association, it's being active in that org. They are a group of creative, fun-loving people and I'd really want to thank them for taking care of me when we were in Baguio.


3) Holding conferences in Baguio is a very nice idea especially this time of the year. Loved the cold weather!


4) Students who want to pursue a career in marketing, advertising, social media and/or public relations should attend events like Baguio Jam to expand their horizon and increase their knowledge on the field.


The 30 minutes allotted for me was my time to share and give back things I learned to the academe.


(Counter clockwise from the top left)
Venue of the Baguio Jam: Baguio Convention Center, President of Marketing Mixers and President of PJMA with me in the middle, my Plaque of Appreciation called Bulol, the Rice Gof




Great job to PJMA and Saint Louis University- Marketing Mixers for organizing the Jam! Looking forward to your future events!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails